Virtual Growth Models Event
Before diving in, go around the group and introduce yourself and your company. Try to keep each intro to 30 seconds or less.
Part One - Qualitative Growth Model
- Have one team member make a copy of the qualitative growth model by clicking on the button above.
- Share that document with the rest of your team so you can collaborate.
- Enter the name of the product/company you were assigned at the top.
- (5 minutes) Choose a key output metric you want to optimize for.
- Tip: What number tells you that you are delivering meaningful value to the user/customer?
- (10 minutes) Identify the primary acquisition loops.
- Tip: How does one cohort of users lead to another cohort of users?
- (10 minutes) Identify the possible primary retention loops
- Tip: How does a user's usage or the usage of others lead to them coming back over time?
- (5 minutes) Fill in any remaining details.
See an example of a qualitative growth model for LinkedIn here.
Part Two - Optimization + 10X
- Take 15 minutes to discuss two things:
- What part of the existing model would you choose to focus optimization efforts on? Why?
- What is one new 10X idea? 10X ideas tend to be new loops or layers of the model (not optimizing the existing model).
- Have one person ready to represent your group with answers to the above two questions.